Sunday, July 25, 2010

Were you ever bullied at school? And if so has it left emotional scars in your life?

I was bullied at school for a long time. i began to hate myself and began to beleive that if so many people hated me i must be a really bad person and began to belive it was my own fault and deserved what i got. i self harmed as it was a release. i made some friends who really liked me for me i stuck up for myself and it stopped. i still get very insecure and have a feeling of self loathing and hatred and feel i'm not good enough for the people in my life sometimes. i think when your bullied itr irreverably damages you. Cathy xxxWere you ever bullied at school? And if so has it left emotional scars in your life?
Na, never bullied, was actually the medium between bullies and the bullied. Thats the best position to be in, you still remain cool, and the ones that were bullied befriend you.%26lt;--- Thats a plus, because in any event they decide to come back 4 revenge, you most likely wont make the revenge list!Were you ever bullied at school? And if so has it left emotional scars in your life?
I used to be beaten up every day on the way home from school. I looked for new ways to go home.





I don't think it scarred me. People have had to endure worse.
I've been out of school for 25 years. It hasn't left scars, but one of the bullies comes into my repair shop. He doesn't recognize me and I never let on that I know him. Every time he comes in, I overcharge him. I call it the @sshole tax.
Yes. I have been bullied throughout my life, it seems as though my behaviour seems to attract the bullies I am quiet at times and appear shy. - until they strike and I strike back. I never used to. Because I smiled a lot (and still do), this girl used to grab my face and contort my face out of the smile, threaten to thump me and wrote that I was dead on the toilet walls. I have had sexual harassment whilst studying and bullying in employemt in the past. It has left scars, even more as I was abused at home too. I am being treated long term for depression - been on medication for nearly 9 years and despite so much counselling, the depression returns when off medication. If i am unsure about someone (they have been aggressive), paranoia sets in and I have flashbacks of such abuse. All I can do is feel intense fear and curl up in a ball.





I now work for a care trust who recent adverised for Bullying Contact Officers - I signed up for the training immediatly, understanding how bullying feels. I continue with life, and now realise, bullying is other's issues, not me.





To look at it now, bullying is childish - adults who bully are just showing themselves up - they are prejudiced, ignorant, lack self awareness and awareness of others. Just as childish as thumb sucking in the workplace! How embarassing is that to the bully. One option, is to buy them a dummy to suck instead!
yes when i started high school i was bullied by an older girl for months.....then something clicked and i fought back, she had to then be picked up along with her hair.but i ended up being excluded from school for sticking up for myself, needless to say she never even looked at me again, bullies only pick on people who they think wont stick up for themselves
i wasn't bullied by my peers but instead my teacher from the age of 8





i was in another school pre 8yrs old where the school was pretty bad and the teachers didnt teach you math or literacy, they thought it was more fitting for us to play board games or bring in toys... so my mum found a more 'respectable' school which she thought would do their job. needless to say i was pretty ill educated from my 1st school and possibly had the reading age of a 4yr old when i was 8.





at this new school, whenever we had english session and had to write stories or poems to avoid a lot of embaressment of bad spelling i would instead use words that i knew how to spell, which were normally 3-4 letter words, any other word i had to make a guess at. so i ended up writing pretty rubbish things with terrible spelling.





well on my first day of this new school at the age of 8 we unfortunalty had an english class.. 10mintues into writing my story the teacher came over to see how i was doing.


instead of trying to help me with spelling or asking what type of story i wanted to achieve, she shouted at me in front of the whole class..


called me stupid..


told me to stand on my chair..


told the whole class to stop what they were doing..


she read out my story to the class and


told EVERYONE to point and laugh at me





and this was my first day


. . she tourmented me for months until i actually became suicidel


i was scared to go in and eventually told my mum what was happening after i kept faking sick days





oddly mym mum spoke with her and she never bothered me again.. well actually she never even tried to help me with anything ever again.. she would smile to me instead of graul but she ignored me until i left the school at 11 :'(
not really, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have much idea of how to fight.
Yes, I was bullied. I finally decided to get on with my life and now I don't tolerate anyone who does this to others. I'm fine now. It is a learning experience. Don't let it hold you back.
Yes, I was and it certainly does leave emotional scars..I went to school with rich kids who constantly said mean things.I did not have nice clothes and wore hand -me downs.It was tough.I am a grandmother and when I think about it , it still hurts.I wish I had the nerve I have now to fight back I just kept my mouth shut and cried.I told my mother and all she said was ';ignore them';..stupid advice for a kid..I absolutely hated school. This cruelty effected my school work and then I got tormented for that...my kid was bullied and I went right to the school and put a stop to it right quick.If you're bullied..tell someone!
Yes, and I guess so.





If you want to know more, get in touch through answers. Too much to type here.
Yes I was bullied by a girl in the 3rd year (age 13/14). It upset me a lot at the time. She used to call me names. Block my way in or out of the changing rooms. Hide my bag. Laugh at me all the usual. I had a wide circle of other friends so it made it seem not so bad. However, I got my own back years later where she applied for a job in my department....did she make the interview - oh yes - you should have seen her face! Did she get the job....no! Trust in Kharma. No, I don't think it's left emotional scars at all. If anything it made me stronger.
yep, I was bullied badly at school by a set of the bitchiest twins I've ever had the misfortune of coming across. It's been 8 years since I left school and thought I was over it but I saw one of the girls at a restaurant the other day and this overwhelming fear came over me. She didn't see me...I walked straight back out again. It really surprised me because I thought I was over it now but obviously not and I was really angry at myself for feeling that way but hey, what can you do?
As a smaller person, I have been bullied at various times in my life.





As a result, my life has changed, somewhat.





I became an adept at various martial arts. One extremely large person, who tried it on with me, wound up with a severely re-arranged face and several broken limbs (He pulled me out of bed for a beating! He was some 6'8'; in height, to my 5'6';!)............. He did not try that one on anybody again..........





As I grew older, I mellowed (marriage does that!) and now advise on issues, concerning bullying and behavioural problems in the very young. In fact I spent this morning doing just this for a local pre-school.





I'd say that my experiences have had a positive effect on my life!
Yes, I was bullied all through middle school and a little through the beginning of high school. It died down when I reached 10th grade, but then that year I had to move to another state and at the new school some rumors were started about me within the first few weeks there and have stuck with me since.


Having been bullied through school has had a negative affect in my life. I can't trust people, I am insecure with myself, and I hold other people to impossible standards. Therefore, I have no friends (seriously, not one). I just feel like everyone is always judging me and I isolate myself.


Being bullied through school is an emotional scar that can never be erased. I don't feel like I will ever be normal. :(
If anything it just made me a little bitter.





One time someone ran into me, knocking my books out of my hands and said, ';Move, Cracker.'; This was my Junior year in high school. Even now I get angry thinking about it.





Where I'm from there is still quite a bit of racism. But if I'd gone to the principal and said something about the incident, I'm quite sure nothing would have been done. I know that I would not use racial slurs toward anyone, so the fact that someone used one toward me really hurt. I suppose the worst part was that I couldn't really do anything about it, unless I were to get into a fight...which is definitely not the right answer.





So...there aren't any emotional scars, I'm just a lot colder toward strangers in general.
Hello,





(ANS) YES! I was bullied badly at school when I was about 11 to 12 years old, it had a dreadful effect on me emotionally. The school %26amp; teachers did nothing to help and just seemed to be oblivious of it. I was bullied everyday for many months.





I was terrified as I was bullied by a small gang of boys in my year, and it crushed any self confidence I had in myself and I don't think I ever got over it. I had dyslexia as well at the time and so was struggling with my leaning too which didn't help. Even today as an adult I am very wary of situations were I might get bullied once again.





**I think had I been able to deal with the bullying more effectively, %26amp; had the school been more supportive I would feel differently. Ah!! if and if !!?





Ivan
No i was not bullied at school in fact the people i had round me high school saints compaired with who i have had roud me for the last 11 years
Yes, I have been picked on in school by females and later in offices. It seems I am a target for certain women. It still happens in my life. But now I'm at the point where it doesn't bother me. It seems there are some women/girls who just want to bring another female down to make themselves feel better. There's no way to stop it - - even if you are nice to them.





I'm sorry this has happened to you. It's not your fault that they are petty people.
yes i was badly,


then one day i really had enough as i was on my way home and the same people with a load more of there friends set about me,


so latter that evening as the ring leader lived by me i waited and i gave her a piece of her own medicine, the difference was i was alone.





I was nevr bullied again and no it never left any emotional scars..
i cry myself to sleep every night
yeah, i was bullied by a teacher, it has really affected my self esteem
No, never bullied. But I have the new bully game on xbox 360.

No comments:

Post a Comment