Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What kind of Make-up should I use on my acne scars? or should I wear makeup?

I have some acne scars on my face. I'm in high school and I play sports, so intend to sweat a bit. I'm currently using Neutrogena Blemish treatment which is a cream foundation, but it sometimes makes those areas worse. What makeup should I buy?? or should I wear makeup???What kind of Make-up should I use on my acne scars? or should I wear makeup?
You should definitely continue wearing makeup. But first off, you need to focus mainly on getting rid of the acne scars. Buy some Mederma (available any where) made especially for old and new scars, and put it on according to the directions on the box/tube.





For the makeup, a great foundation for you would be Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup Foundation. It's amazing and treats your skin beautifully, and I think that would work great on you. Neutrogena Blemish Treatment isn't going to cover your acne scars, it's mainly for people who get tiny zits. It does nothing for the scars.





Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup $22.50


http://www.clinique.com/templates/produc鈥?/a>





Another excellent product would be Prescriptives Virtually Fresh Skin Refining Makeup SPF 15. It will also give you flawless-silky/smooth coverage and is good for your skin as well.





Prescriptives Virtually Fresh Skin Refining Makeup SPF 15 is $32.50


http://www.prescriptives.com/templates/p鈥?/a>








Both of these products are available online or at Macy's and Dillards.


And for the sweating part, I'm pretty sure these cosmetics will stay on through almost anything, but to be careful, after you've been working out/doing sports, dust on some translucent powder. But I don't think you'll have much of a problem with that. Good luck :)


What kind of Make-up should I use on my acne scars? or should I wear makeup?
My advice would be to look for something that has a light texture. I found that anything heavy would make my skin look/feel worse. If you only have scars as a concern, you could try a concealer. With concealers though I guess it's one of those things you need to try yourself, as some will react differently on others. I've heard great things about Cliniques concealer, one for lines? Can't remember the name. Or there is one by Estee Lauder and it's called Double Wear. I want to try their one that is called Maximum Coverage (they call it a foundation though, as it's ';makeup for face and body';). I suggest that you should get some samples of these products and see how they look. If you want just a bit of coverage for your entire skin, you could use the concealer on scars and a tinted moisturizer everywhere else, or use a mineral foundation (heard some good things about Maybelline's foundation, the mineral wear one in that drop bottle) and just use a stippling brush to apply so it will give a lighter application and not be too heavy.





If you sweat a bit when playing sports, then bring some wipes to take the makeup off and bring your makeup with you and just reapply when you are done playing sports. If you basically play all day though, then I would say it's best to leave behind the makeup.
I would suggest just start experimenting with foundation, and find what works best for you!! I would suggest using Covergirls foundation, even though I have never used there foundation my self, I love all there other products!!! They also just came out with some new foundation, (cover girl did), that looks really interesting, I want try it. Heres the link to the covergirl stuff:http://www.covergirl.com/products/produc鈥?/a> Also, if you want other makeup too, buy it from covergirl!!! Check out there awesome website!!!!


Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment